Program Lead- Santa Cruz, CA
Do you love mountain biking? Do you stop in your tracks every time you see a young girl on a bike, encourage her and give her a high five? Do you want to mentor young girls and help empower them to reach their best potential? Do you want to mobilize other women around you, from all backgrounds and experience, to fulfill this mission? We do too!
Summary: Little Bellas is seeking a self-motivated, independent professional for a part-time, seasonal position, leading a Little Bellas program for girls 7-13.
- College degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Mountain bike skills
- Passion for working with girls with an emphasis on FUN
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Run and Lead the weekly summer programming in Santa Cruz, CA at DeLaveaga Park
- Sundays 4:00 -6:00 PM Mid-March through Late May (8 sessions total)
- Communicate with parents and mentors on a regular basis
- Prepare program materials for participants, mentors, and parents
- Locally market program
- Ensure all mentors received adequate training (trainings provided by Little Bellas National)
- Ensure program is run up to the standards outlined by Little Bellas National
- Have a ton of fun riding your bike with girls!
- Participate in quarterly Program Lead conference calls
- Participate in monthly, then weekly calls as the time for your program launch begins.
- Recruit mentors for your program
- Recruit girls for your program
- Keep an open line of communication with Little Bellas Regional Coordinator and Executive Director
- Utilize resources from website for curriculum and other support
- Execute and uphold the mission and values of the organization
- Be prompt, timely and respectful to all parties with your Little Bellas activities
- Opportunity to positively influence girls in your community
- Become a recognized leader of fun on bikes in your community
- Ability to connect with likeminded individuals running similar programs across the country
- Small monetary stipend at the end of each program, annually
- Thank you swag and discounts from Little Bellas sponsors
Program Lead reports to Regional Coordinator and Executive Director
Little Bellas is a mentoring on mountain bikes program with strong values surrounding women’s empowerment, and we expect employees to align with our values.
Little Bellas Values:
- We value strong female role models and promoting women and girls through our work.
- We value the environment and being good stewards of our trails and our planet.
- We value exercise and being healthy.
- We value creating a positive experience for all the girls enrolled in Little Bellas.
Please submit resume and cover letter to Sabra Davison at email@example.com.