Program Lead Contact Information
Williston, VT Play 2 Program
- Registration Status:Open
- Program Type:Weekly
- Day(s) of the Week: Sat
- Ages:7, 8, 9
- Dates:7/31 | 8/7 | 8/14 | 8/21 | 8/28 | Make-up 9/4
- Fees:$185 (or $165 Early Bird until 5/20)
- Time:8:00 - 10:00 am
- Location:Catamount Family Center, 592 Governor Chittenden Rd, Williston, VT 05495
- Registration Opens:May 14, 2021 @ 9 am EST
- Registration Closes:July 29, 2021 @ 12 pm EST
- Financial Assistance: Learn More
This is our PLAY Program and is geared for ages 7-9. Ready to PLAY bikes? We are!
The Little Bellas Weekly Program, meeting at Catamount Family Center, offers 5 recurring sessions towards late summer, allowing each girl to make new friends, have fun, play games on and off their bikes, and learn the skills of mountain biking. With Catamount already lending itself perfectly to the Little Bellas for so long, girls can experience an offering of winding single track, double track, and a wide variety of terrain ranging from woods to fields. These attributes combine to give any and all ability of rider healthy, fun, and challenging ways to work on skills and build confidence.
Girls and mentors (we don't coach, we mentor) ride twice a week and during each session, play a variety games and ride a variety of trails, as a way to help them learn skills for mountain biking. Each day and subsequent week progressively builds on the skills learned the previous day and week but in a fun and challenging way. This program is for fun and the joy of riding and is not focused on competition.
Financial assistance is available if needed and we also have equipment available through our Gear Up program! Please communicate any of these needs when filling out the registration form for the program.
What's Included:• Louis Garneau full zip bike jersey
• Goodie bag
• Snacks & party
What to Bring:
• Mountain Bike- In good working order
• Water carrying device- Either a bottle to fit in a cage on the bike or a hydration pack.
• Closed-toed shoes
• Rain gear or extra layers if necessary
Schedule:• 1hr to 40 mins- Trail ride in small, age/ability appropriate groups
• 15 min- Snack (provided)
• 1hr to 45min- Games and activities (each day of the program has a different and unique curriculum)