Program Lead Contact Information
Williston, VT Camp (Half Day 1)
- Registration Status:Closed
- Program Type:Day Camp
- Day(s) of the Week: Mon | Tues | Wed | Thurs | Fri
- Ages:8, 9, 10
- Dates:Mon - Fri, 6/15 - 6/19
- Fees:$240 (Early Bird $200 until 3/15)
- Time:8:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Location:Catamount Family Center, 592 Governor Chittenden Rd, Williston, VT 05495
- Registration Opens:February 1, 2020 @ 9 am EST
- Registration Closes:June 11, 2020 @ 12 pm EST
THIS PROGRAM IS CANCELLED DUE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC.
Summertime weather in the Vermont, is there anything better. Sure there might be a sprinkle of rain here or there but the temperatures are mild and the trails are ripe for riding! Both parents and kids alike will be looking to get out on the trails and get their legs moving. What better way to get those legs stretched out then the Little Bellas Half-Day Mountain Bike Camp!
Held at Catamount Family Center in Williston, the VT Half-Day Camp is an all-girls mountain biking camp offering a great progression in mountain biking skills for all abilities. It incorporates both basic mountain bike skills and mechanics, with trail riding and games. We focus on having fun, playing lots of games, and finding adventure on the trails of Catamount. Making new friends, learning skills, riding some sweet trails, and laughing our way through the mornings are all top priorities! This program is for riding and fun and is not focused on competition.
Financial assistance is available if needed and we also have equipment available through our Gear Up program! Please communicate any of these needs when filling out the registration form for the program.
Williston Program Lead
This camp will be lead by mentor extraordinaire, Sabra Davison. Sabra is one of the founders of the Little Bellas and camps are her jam! She's a sick mountain biker with mad skills and a karaoke master. She'll be surrounded by a group of awesome mentors helping to run the camps this year. They all love hanging out with the girls, joking around, getting crazy, and having fun as they teach mountain bike skills the camps strive to teach.
What's Included:• Snacks
• Little Bellas Tee-Shirt
• A goodie bag
What to Bring:
• Mountain Bike- In good working order
• Water carrying device- Either a bottle to fit in a cage on the bike or a hydration pack.
• Closed-toed shoes
• Rain gear or extra layers if necessary
Schedule:• 8:00-8:30- Drop Off, Parents pick up welcome bag
When we have enough girls, start playing Waaa
• 8:45- Name game
• 9:00- Safety Bike check, Helmet check, and Seat Height check
• 9:15- Shifter Knockout, teach them how to shift on command
• 9:30- Morning ride as a large group, take note of girls that are off the front and back of the group, focus: shifting
• 10:15- Yoga
• 10:30- Snack
• 10:45- Dab or bike limbo
• 11:00- Separate into groups for another ride, keep it easy!
• 11:30- Bike cleaning (if you have time)
• 11:45-12:00- Parent pick up, take bikes that have been paid for to bike storage
• 12:00- Mentor clean up and debrief