Tuscaloosa, AL Weekly Program
- Registration Status:Closed
- Program Type:Weekly
- Day(s) of the Week: Thurs
- Ages:7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
- Dates:8/19 | 8/26 | 9/2 | 9/9 | 9/16 | 9/23 | 9/30 | 10/7 (Make-Up Date is Monday of the following week.)
- Fees:$250 (Early Bird $225 until 6/8)
- Time:5:00 - 7:00pm
- Location:Sokol Park South - Northport, AL
- Registration Opens:TBD
- Registration Closes:August 17, 2021 @ 12 pm local time
- Financial Assistance: Learn More
What's a great way to get kids outdoors and riding the trails? The Little Bellas Tuscaloosa Weekly Program!
The Tuscaloosa Weekly Mountain Bike Program meets at Munny Sokol Mountain Bike Trails and is open to girls of all abilities. The program offers eight recurring mountain biking sessions throughout the season and focuses on allowing each girl to learn new skills and build confidence, all in a positive, fun environment. Using trail riding and specific games both on and off the bike, the girls practice proper riding technique, eat snacks, and make new friends, less than six miles from downtown Tuscaloosa.
Once a week, Thursdays, over the course of 8 weeks, girls and Mentors (we don't coach, we mentor) will meet and participate in a variety of activities including games and trail riding. Through these games and activities, we focus on having fun, using the different elements of the activity to teach and work on basic to more advanced mountain bike skills. This curriculum is designed to teach the girls skills progressively, and perpetuate the love of mountain biking, all while laughing, giggling, and having a great time! This program is for riding and fun and is not focused on competition.
Financial assistance is available if needed and we also have equipment available through our Gear Up program! Please communicate any of these needs when filling out the registration form for the program.
What's Included:• Louis Garneau full zip bike jersey
• Goodie bag
• Snacks & party
What to Bring:
• Mountain Bike- In good working order
• Water carrying device- Either a bottle to fit in a cage on the bike or a hydration pack.
• Closed-toed shoes
• Rain gear or extra layers if necessary
Schedule:40 mins to 1 hr - Trail ride in small, age/ability appropriate groups
15 min- Snack (provided)
45min- Games and activities (each day of the program has a different and unique curriculum)