The B Project
The B Project is an outdoor sports based program centered around building confidence, self-esteem, and esprit de corps among young women ages 14-18. Centered around cycling, the program will present young women with adventurous activities designed to be fun, challenge their fitness and minds, and give them skills needed to set and accomplish goals. Meeting 2-3 days a week, one session will present an activity the women may be familiar such as mountain biking but challenge them with different terrain, longer duration rides, and trails they may not be familiar with. A second session will mix in a more adventurous activity, either combined with mountain biking or not, they might not be as familiar with to challenge both their minds and bodies. All the different activities will be designed to help prepare and build them toward a season finale goal, which will be made known to them upon arriving for their first session. The goal through the whole experience: help them realize with the right skills, confidence, and mindset there are no limits. To promote them to seek out their own adventures and gain skills, both physically and mentally, to go confidently towards achieving their goals as they continue on the journey in life.
Tuesdays - 6/27, 7/4, 7/11, 7/18, 7/25, 8/1, 8/8, 8/15, 8/22 5:30-7:30pm
Saturdays - 7/1, 7/8, 7/15, 7/22, 7/29, 8/5, 8/12, 8/19, 8/26 Varied time & duration
This program is developed to be compatible with participating in the Wednesday Ride Program and the Junior Mentoring Program.
- Time:Tues - 5:30 - 7:30pm, Sat - time will vary, Sun - 2pm
- Location:Chittenden County and beyond
- What's Included:Cycling kit: baggies and jersey, nightlights if needed, snack.
- What to Bring:Bike, clipless pedals, CamelBak (50-75mL w/pack space), regular backpack, Hiking shoes/sneakers, windblock/waterproof shell, first aid kit, tire repair kit, watch. Specific items will be needed for the different sessions but a list will be provided for that session.
- Schedule:Tues, Sat, Optional Sunday.
This program is designed to compliment the Wednesday Ride Program.
Some activities will include riding to Hinesburg Town Forest, bouldering/hiking around Mt. Mansfield, riding the Kingdom Trails, ride to hikes, and general wilderness skills. Sundays will be a group lead adventure prior to the Sunday program in the case some of the participants want to be a junior mentor.
Program Lead Contact Information
- Name:Sarah Schreib
- Email Address: