Santa Cruz, CA Weekly Program – FULL
- Dates:8/16 | 8/23 | 8/30 | 9/13 | 9/20 | 9/27 | 10/4 | 10/11 | Make-Up Day: 10/18
- Fees:$250 (Early Bird $225 until 6/1)
- Time:4:00 - 6:00 pm
- Location:Siltanen Park, 127 Vine Hill School Road, Scotts Valley, CA 95066 & Wilder Ranch State Park 1401 Coast Rd, Santa Cruz, CA 95060
THIS PROGRAM AND WAITLIST IS FULL.
Sunny California! Does it get any better? Sun, ocean waves, and amazing mountain bike trails! The Santa Cruz Weekly Little Bellas Program is the perfect place for kids to get out, get on bikes, and have fun!
The Santa Cruz Weekly Mountain Bike Program offers eight reoccurring, Sundays night sessions with 7 sessions at Siltanen Park and 1 session at Wilder Ranch State Park throughout the fall and is open to girls of all abilities. Based on fun, the program creates an environment for girls to be themselves, learn the skills of mountain biking, and build confidence through the different games and activities offered. Riding windy single track, smooth double track, or simply stopping and playing games around one of the many amazing trees within the park, the girls experience a bit of everything.
Girls and Mentors (we don't coach, we mentor) ride once a week, every Sunday over the course of 8 weeks. We focus on having fun, using games and different activities to teach basic to more advanced mountain bike skills. This curriculum is designed to promote camaraderie among the girls, progressive skill learning, and to perpetuate the love of mountain biking, all while having a great time!
Financial assistance is available if needed and we also have equipment available through our Gear Up program! Please communicate any of these needs when filling out the registration form for the program.
- What's Included:includes an end of season party, Little Bellas custom Garneau jersey, snacks, and a goodie bag
- What to Bring:• Bike Helmet
• Mountain Bike- In good working order
• Water carrying device- Either a bottle to fit in a cage on the bike or a hydration pack.
• Closed-toed shoes
• Rain gear or extra layers if necessary
- Schedule:1hr to 40 mins- Trail ride in small, age/ability appropriate groups
15 min- Snack (provided)
45min- Games and activities (each day of the program has a different and unique curriculum)
Program Lead Contact Information
- Name:Sara Rauch
- Email Address:
Sara is living and loving life in Santa Cruz. She is a California native but having the best of both worlds in Santa Cruz is something she is super psyched about. Beach and forest, what could better. The perfect setting for what she says is the daily endeavor of expending the energy of her three daughter who are 6, 8, and 10 years old. When she does get a little free time, she loves to jump on her bike, rip some trails, and challenge herself, knowing the feeling of accomplishment it can bring. She’s not a fan of heights, loves candy (girl same), and has never broken a bone (girl nope). Before her kiddos, she worked as a social worker with kids from very different kinds of challenging situations who taught her the importance of patience, strength, resilience, and how fun and laughter really are the best medicine.