Santa Cruz, CA Sunday Program 2019
- Fees:$250 (Early Bird $225 until 2/15)
- Time:4:00 - 6:00 pm
- Location:DeLaveaga Park, 850 Branciforte Dr, Santa Cruz, CA 95065
Registration Opens January 2rd, 2019 @ 9am PST
Registration Closes March 9th, 2019 @ 12pm PST
Sunny California! Does it get any better? Sun, ocean waves, and amazing mountain bike trails! As the days begin to get longer, it gets a little harder to sit in a classroom all day. Totally and completely necessary, as school is so important but kids also need to get outside and expend some of pent up classroom energy. The Santa Cruz Little Bellas Program is the perfect place for kids to get out, get on bikes, and have fun until summer finally comes!
The Santa Cruz Mountain Bike Program meets on select Sundays at Deleavega Park throughout the spring and is open to girls of all abilities. Based on fun, the program creates an environment for girls to be themselves, learn the skills of mountain biking, and build confidence through the different games and activities offered. Riding windy single track, smooth double track, or simply stopping and playing games around one of the many amazing trees within Deleavega, the girls experience a bit of everything.
Girls and Mentors (we don't coach, we mentor) ride once a week, every Sunday over the course of 8 weeks. We focus on having fun, using games and different activities to teach basic to more advanced mountain bike skills. This curriculum is designed to promote camaraderie among the girls, progressive skill learning, and to perpetuate the love of mountain biking, all while having a great time!
Scholarships are available so please communicate any financial help needed by thoroughly answering the questions presented when registering.
- What's Included:includes an end of season party, Little Bellas custom Garneau jersey, snacks, and a goodie bag
- What to Bring:• Bike Helmet
• Mountain Bike- In good working order
• Water carrying device- Either a bottle to fit in a cage on the bike or a hydration pack.
• Closed-toed shoes
• Rain gear or extra layers if necessary
- Schedule:1hr to 40 mins- Trail ride in small, age/ability appropriate groups
15 min- Snack (provided)
45min- Games and activities (each day of the program has a different and unique curriculum)