Salinas, CA Sunday Program 2019
- Dates:3/31 | 4/7 | *4/12 or 4/14 | 4/28 | 5/5 | 5/19 | *Mon. 5/27 | 6/2
- Fees:$250 (Early Bird $225 until 2/15)
- Time:4:00 - 6:00 pm
- Location:Toro Park 3/31 | 4/7 | 4/28| 5/5 | Sea Otter, Laguna Seca *(4/12 or 4/14)| Kelton Park *Mon. 5/27 | Fort Ord Travel Camp 6/2
THIS PROGRAM IS FULL. PLEASE REGISTER FOR THE WAITLIST.
Is there ever not a great time to ride in California? Sure, kids are still in school and school is great but kids always need to get outside and have fun. The Little Bellas Salinas Spring Program is a great way to burn off all excess, classroom sitting energy!
The Salinas Mountain Bike Program offers eight recurring, Sunday night sessions at Lincoln Park throughout the spring. This program creates a fun, positive environment where each girl can make new friends, learn new skills, and build confidence. We focus on having fun, using game and different activities to teach and working on basic to more advanced mountain bike skills. Whether it's riding to find clues in a scavenger hunt or riding the pristine trails of Toro park, the girls build confidence in their riding skills and in themselves!
Once a week, the girls and mentors (we don't coach, we mentor) will engage in different activities, rides, and games as a way to progress through a basic to advanced mountain biking skill set. The girls will be given healthy challenges in a friendly, fun environment. This curriculum is designed to promote camaraderie among the girls, progressive skill learning, and to perpetuate the love of mountain biking, all while having a great time! This program is for riding and fun and is not focused on competition.
Scholarships are available so please communicate any financial help needed by thoroughly answering the questions about her or her equipment needs when registering.
- What's Included:Sunday registration at the Sea Otter Classic camp (9am-1pm), a jersey, goodie bag, snacks & party
- What to Bring:• Bike Helmet
• Mountain Bike- In good working order
• Water carrying device- Either a bottle to fit in a cage on the bike or a hydration pack.
• Closed-toed shoes
• Rain gear or extra layers if necessary
- Schedule:1hr to 40 mins- Trail ride in small, age/ability appropriate groups
15 min- Snack (provided)
45min- Games and activities (each day of the program has a different and unique curriculum)
Program Lead Contact Information
- Name:Kelly Damschen
- Email Address:
Kelly grew up surfing in southern California and playing competitive soccer. Continuing into college, she played both soccer and surfed professionally. Even now, as a mom and middle school teacher, the adventure never ends! She can always be found mountain biking, surfing, or hanging out with her son, the raddest little dude ever, and husband. She enjoys taking women (and men!) of all ages out on bikes and getting them interested in the sport. She not only leads the Little Bellas Salinas Program but is also the Regional Coordinator for all things Little Bellas in California. Life keeps her pretty busy but for Kelly, it's all about being outside, staying active, and meeting new people!