Program Lead Contact Information
Salinas, CA Weekly Program
- Registration Status:Closed
- Program Type:Weekly
- Day(s) of the Week: Sun
- Ages:7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
- Dates:8/29 | 9/6 (Mon) | 9/12 | 9/19 | 9/26 | 10/3 | Sea Otter Classic* Fri. 10/8 or Sun 10/10 | 10/17 | Make-up date 10/24 *Included in the Salinas registration is one session at Sea Otter on Fri OR Sun. If Sea Otter Classic is cancelled then we will offer a regular Sunday session at Toro on 10/10 instead.
- Fees:$250 (Early Bird $225 until 6/22)
- Time:4:00 - 6:00 pm
- Location:Toro Park 501 Monterey-Salinas Highway 68, Salinas, CA 93908
- Registration Opens:June 15, 2021 @ 9am PST
- Registration Closes:August 27, 2021 @ 12 pm PST
- Financial Assistance: Learn More
Is there ever not a great time to ride in California? The Little Bellas Salinas Weekly Program is a great way to get girls out, riding trails, having fun, and building confidence in a positive way with other like minded girls!
The Salinas Weekly Mountain Bike Program offers eight recurring sessions at Toro Park throughout the season. This program creates a fun, positive environment where each girl can make new friends, learn new skills, and build confidence. We focus on having fun, using game and different activities to teach and working on basic to more advanced mountain bike skills. Whether it's riding to find clues in a scavenger hunt or riding the pristine trails of Toro park, the girls build confidence in their riding skills and in themselves!
Once a week, the girls and mentors (we don't coach, we mentor) will engage in different activities, rides, and games as a way to progress through a basic to advanced mountain biking skill set. The girls will be given healthy challenges in a friendly, fun environment. This curriculum is designed to promote camaraderie among the girls, progressive skill learning, and to perpetuate the love of mountain biking, all while having a great time! This program is for riding and fun and is not focused on competition.
Financial assistance is available if needed and we also have equipment available through our Gear Up program! Please communicate any of these needs when filling out the registration form for the program.
Salinas, CA Program Lead
Gigi has lived on the Monterey peninsula for 10 years and has been mountain biking for 7 of them. She loves trails full of rocks and drops and post ride you can find her in search of the perfect taco. Tacos ARE her all time fav. After working in education for a decade Gigi made the bold decision to change careers and pursue the field of nursing. It’s clear Gigi enjoys helping those around her which aligns well with being a Little Bellas Program Lead to help get more girls on bikes! When Gigi isn’t riding her bike you might find her running, hiking or catching some waves while surfing. It’s no surprise her favorite color is blue since she’s a hop, skip and a jump from the Pacific Ocean! Oh and she’s slightly obsessed with sea stars and octopuses!
What's Included:• Louis Garneau full zip bike jersey
• Goodie bag
• Snacks & party
What to Bring:
• Mountain Bike- In good working order
• Water carrying device- Either a bottle to fit in a cage on the bike or a hydration pack.
• Closed-toed shoes
• Rain gear or extra layers if necessary
Schedule:1hr to 40 mins- Trail ride in small, age/ability appropriate groups
15 min- Snack (provided)
45min- Games and activities (each day of the program has a different and unique curriculum)