Program Lead Contact Information
Philadelphia, PA Weekly Program
- Registration Status:Closed
- Program Type:Weekly
- Day(s) of the Week: Sun
- Ages:7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
- Dates:8/2 | 8/9| 8/16 | 8/23 | 8/30 | 9/13 | 9/20 | 9/27 | Make-Up Day: 10/4
- Fees:$250 (Early Bird $225 until 6/1)
- Time:4:00 - 6:00 pm
- Location:West Fairmount Park
- Registration Opens:February 1, 2020 @ 9 am EST
- Registration Closes:July 30, 2020 @ 12 pm EST
THIS PROGRAM IS CANCELLED DUE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC.
Late summer/fall, what better time to get outside, on bikes and on trails in Philadelphia! The weather is awesome and the trails primed and ready for sweet riding. What better way to soak up as much summer as possible and get girls out riding their bikes than Little Bellas Philadelphia Weekly Program.
This program meets on the Belmont Plateau within West Fairmont State park and offers eight recurring mountain biking sessions throughout the summer and fall to allow each girl to make new friends, learn new skills, and build confidence, all in a positive, fun environment. Whether it's riding the many logs of the West Fairmont trails, having snacks, or navigating their way through the bike limbo tunnel, the program creates an environment built around having fun and learning the skills of mountain biking.
Girls and mentors (we mentor, we don't coach) will ride once a week and work on a skills mountain bike progression through different activities, rides, and games. These girls will be given healthy challenges in a friendly, fun environment. This program is for riding and fun and is not focused on competition.
Financial assistance is available if needed and we also have equipment available through our Gear Up program! Please communicate any of these needs when filling out the registration form for the program.
Philadelphia Program Lead
Caitlin has been riding and racing bikes since high school. Along with being a mom to a toddler, finding adventures, working as an education consultant, and waiting for it to snow, Caitlin loves getting as many girls on bikes as she can. Whether it's commuting to work or ripping some trails with friends, she always has her Little Bellas name plate on the front of her bike in case an opportunity comes up to spread the word and get #moregirlsonbikes!
What's Included:• Louis Garneau full zip bike jersey
• Goodie bag
• Snacks & party
What to Bring:
• Mountain Bike- In good working order
• Water carrying device- Either a bottle to fit in a cage on the bike or a hydration pack.
• Closed-toed shoes
• Rain gear or extra layers if necessary
Schedule:• 40 mins to 1 hr - Trail ride in small, age/ability appropriate groups
• 15 min- Snack (provided)
• 45min- Games and activities (each day of the program has a different and unique curriculum)