Program Lead Contact Information
Morgantown, WV Weekly Program
- Registration Status:Open
- Program Type:Weekly
- Day(s) of the Week: Thurs
- Ages:7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
- Dates:9/16 | 9/23 | 9/30 |10/7 | 10/14 | 10/21 | 10/28 | 11/4 | Make-Up Date: 11/5
- Fees:$199 Inaugural Season Pricing!
- Time:4:00 - 6:00 pm
- Location:Coopers Rock State Forest - 61 County Line Dr, Bruceton Mills, WV 26525
- Registration Opens:June 15, 2021 at 9:00 am local time
- Registration Closes:September 14, 2021 at Noon local time
- Financial Assistance: Learn More
It's fall and what a fabulous time to get outside, on bikes and on trails in Morgantown! The weather is awesome and the trails primed and ready for sweet riding. What better way to soak up the fading hours of daylight and get girls out riding their bikes than Little Bellas Morgantown Weekly Program.
This program meets at Coopers Rock State Forest and offers eight recurring mountain biking sessions throughout the season to allow each girl to make new friends, learn new skills, and build confidence, all in a positive, fun environment. Whether it's riding the dirt trails, having snacks, or navigating their way through the bike limbo tunnel, the program creates an environment built around having fun and learning the skills of mountain biking.
Girls and mentors (we mentor, we don't coach) will ride once a week and work on a skills mountain bike progression through different activities, rides, and games. These girls will be given healthy challenges in a friendly, fun environment. This program is for riding and fun and is not focused on competition.
Financial assistance is available if needed and we also have equipment available through our Gear Up program! Please communicate any of these needs when filling out the registration form for the program.
Morgantown, WV Program Lead
As a kid, Rachelle loved riding bikes and being outdoors- and nothing much has changed since then! She still loves being on two wheels and playing in creeks more than anything. That said, bike adventures with Rachelle will likely include stops to look for crayfish, salamanders, and other interesting finds along the way! Lately she’s been sharing her love for bikes with her 2 year old daughter. And now she’s looking forward to sharing it with all the Morgantown Little Bellas too! As Director of Preston County Parks & Rec, Rachelle, both personally and professionally, enjoys and values offering fun outdoor recreation opportunities for youth.
What's Included:• Louis Garneau full zip bike jersey
• Goodie bag
• Snacks & party
What to Bring:
• Mountain Bike- In good working order
• Water carrying device- Either a bottle to fit in a cage on the bike or a hydration pack.
• Closed-toed shoes
• Rain gear or extra layers if necessary
Schedule:• 40 mins to 1 hr - Trail ride in small, age/ability appropriate groups
• 15 min- Snack (provided)
• 45min- Games and activities (each day of the program has a different and unique curriculum)