Program Lead Contact Information
Lehigh Valley, PA Half Day Camp
- Registration Status:Closed
- Program Type:Day Camp
- Day(s) of the Week: Mon | Tues | Wed | Thurs | Fri
- Ages:8, 9, 10, 11
- Dates:Mon. - Fri., 8/9 - 8/13
- Fees:$240 ($200 Early Bird until 5/20)
- Time:8:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Location:Nockamixon State Park
- Registration Opens:May 14, 2021 @ 9 am EST
- Registration Closes:August 7, 2021 @ 12 pm EST
The Lehigh Valley Half Day Mountain Bike Camp for girls is the perfect opportunity to squeeze in some outdoor fun before school is back in session. Located in the beautiful Lehigh Valley at Nockamixon State Park, this half day camp gets young girls of all abilities on their bikes and out on some of the best mountain bike trails in Pennsylvania. They have ten miles of trails laced around Lake Nockamixon for the girls to roam and explore along with our skilled mentor staff.
Based around having fun, we play lots of games (both on and off the bike), explore and ride trails, incorporate basic bike skills and then adjust those skills as the girls progress. So whatever level rider, this camp is the perfect fit, and did we mention fun!!! Little Bellas camps are renown for their abundance of smiles, giggles, and positivity.
Still not sure? Well, we also use the mountain bike experience to help the girls gain confidence, build camaraderie other girls on bikes, seek out new adventures, and get outdoors! So by the time your daughter heads back to school, she will not only be a fantastic rider, she will have a new sense of confidence, and who couldn't use that?
Financial assistance is available if needed and we also have equipment available through our Gear Up program! Please communicate any of these needs when filling out the registration form for the program.
2021 Inclement Weather Day(s) Cancellation: Since we are unable to practice safe social distancing during lightning and thunderstorms during camps we will cancel program day(s) where there is a high likelihood of inclement weather. We will not be able to provide per diem refund for cancelled days.
Pennsylvania Program Lead
Rebekah has worked in the local PA park systems for 8 years, as both a Park Ranger and an Environmental Education Specialist (EES). She currently works as an EES at Nolde Forest EEC in the Reading Area and she was the EES at Nockamixon State Park for the 4 seasons prior. In 2017, Rebekah became part of the Little Bellas family as a volunteer Mentor for the Lehigh Valley Camp at Nockamixon. Her own mountain biking journey was only 2 years old at that time, and she both taught and learned a great deal from her Bellas. She is so excited to lead our Lehigh Valley Camp and she can't wait to continue to learn and share the joy of getting outside (and on our bikes) with this year's Bellas!
What's Included:• Snacks
• Little Bellas Tee-Shirt
• A goodie bag
What to Bring:
• Mountain Bike- In good working order
• Water carrying device- Either a bottle to fit in a cage on the bike or a hydration pack.
• Closed-toed shoes
• Rain gear or extra layers if necessary
Schedule:• 8:00-8:30- Drop Off, Parents pick up welcome bag
When we have enough girls, start playing Hey Now!
• 8:45- Name game
• 9:00- Safety Bike check, Helmet check, and Seat Height check
• 9:15- Shifter Knockout, teach them how to shift on command
• 9:30- Morning ride as a large group, focus: shifting
• 10:15- Yoga
• 10:30- Snack
• 10:45- Dab or bike limbo
• 11:00- Separate into groups for another easy ride!
• 11:30- Bike cleaning (if time)
• 11:45-12:00- Parent pick up