Program Lead Contact Information
Lehigh Valley, PA Camp
- Registration Status:Open
- Program Type:Day Camp
- Ages:8, 9, 10, 11
- Dates:Mon. - Fri., 8/10 - 8/14
- Fees:$240 ($200 Early Bird until 6/15)
- Time:8:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Location:Nockamixon State Park
- Registration Opens:February 1, 2020 @ 9 am EST
- Registration Closes:July 31, 2020 @ 12 pm EST
The Lehigh Valley Half Day Mountain Bike Camp for girls is the perfect opportunity to squeeze in some outdoor fun before school is back in session. Located in the beautiful Lehigh Valley at Nockamixon State Park, this half day camp gets young girls of all abilities on their bikes and out on some of the best mountain bike trails in Pennsylvania. They have ten miles of trails laced around Lake Nockamixon for the girls to roam and explore along with our skilled mentor staff.
Based around having fun, we play lots of games (both on and off the bike), explore and ride trails, incorporate basic bike skills and then adjust those skills as the girls progress. So whatever level rider, this camp is the perfect fit, and did we mention fun!!! Little Bellas camps are renown for their abundance of smiles, giggles, and positivity.
Still not sure? Well, we also use the mountain bike experience to help the girls gain confidence, build camaraderie other girls on bikes, seek out new adventures, and get outdoors! So by the time your daughter heads back to school, she will not only be a fantastic rider, she will have a new sense of confidence, and who couldn't use that?
Financial assistance is available if needed and we also have equipment available through our Gear Up program! Please communicate any of these needs when filling out the registration form for the program.
Pennsylvania Program Lead
Lisa is all about cycling. So much so she and her husband opened a bike shop, Cutters Bike Shop in Bethlehem, to be around bikes and bring bikes to as many people as possible. Having been mountain biking herself for over 20 years, she has to passed her love for the sport on to her daughter, who is now an avid rider, and to all the girls she encounters in the Little Bellas camps. Whether it's cycling, mountain biking, or snowboarding, Lisa loves to be outside and active. Another thing she loves? Cooking. Rumor has it she makes and brings some of the best homemade snacks to the camp to share with the girls. Amazing caring and a passion for riding, who couldn't ask for anything more!
What's Included:• Snacks
• Little Bellas Tee-Shirt
• A goodie bag
What to Bring:
• Mountain Bike- In good working order
• Water carrying device- Either a bottle to fit in a cage on the bike or a hydration pack.
• Closed-toed shoes
• Rain gear or extra layers if necessary
Schedule:• 8:00-8:30- Drop Off, Parents pick up welcome bag
When we have enough girls, start playing Hey Now!
• 8:45- Name game
• 9:00- Safety Bike check, Helmet check, and Seat Height check
• 9:15- Shifter Knockout, teach them how to shift on command
• 9:30- Morning ride as a large group, focus: shifting
• 10:15- Yoga
• 10:30- Snack
• 10:45- Dab or bike limbo
• 11:00- Separate into groups for another easy ride!
• 11:30- Bike cleaning (if time)
• 11:45-12:00- Parent pick up