Boulder, CO Amy D. Thursday Program 2018
The Amy D Sessions, a collaboration between the Amy D Foundation and the Little Bellas, is dedicated to preserving Amy Dombroski's memory and sharing her love of cycling. We aim to honor our long-time friend by inspiring the next generation to love the sport as Amy did.
The Thursday Program, is an eight week program, meeting the first four weeks at Valmont Bike Park, and the second 4 weeks at offers recurring sessions throughout the summer, allowing each girl to make new friends, have fun and play games on and off their bikes, and grow to love the sport of mountain biking. Girls and mentors will ride once a week, playing varied games and riding a variety of trails, as a way to help them learn skills for mountain biking. Each week progressively builds on the skills learned the previous week but in a fun and challenging way. This program is not focused on competition.The Amy D. Sessions meet on Thursdays at Valmont Park throughout the spring to reinforce a strong female bond and a mountain bike skills progression.
- Dates:5/11 | 5/18 | 5/25 | 6/1 | 6/8 | 6/15 | 6/22 | 6/29
- Fees:$250 (Early Bird $225)
- Time: 5:00 - 7:00 pm
- Location:Valmont Park Valmont Rd. Boulder, CO 80301
- What's Included:a jersey, goodie bag, snacks & party
- What to Bring:• Bike Specific Helmet
• Mountain Bike- In good working order
• Water carrying device- Either a bottle to fit in a cage on the bike or a hydration pack.
• Closed-toed shoes
• Rain gear or extra layers if necessary
- Schedule:1hr to 40 mins- Trail ride in small, age/ability appropriate groups
15 min- Snack (provided)
45min- Games and activities (each day of the program has a different and unique curriculum)
Program Lead Contact Information
- Name:Kristal Boni
- Email Address: