Program Lead Contact Information
Beti Bike Bash Camp
- Registration Status:Waitlist
- Program Type:Event Camp
- Day(s) of the Week: Sat | Sun
- Ages:8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
- Dates:Sat 10/2 | Sun 10/3
- Fees:$110 | $175 (Early Bird ONE DAY $95 TWO DAYS $160 until 7/22)
- Time:Sat: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm | Sun: 9:00 am - 12:30 pm
- Location:Bear Creek Lake State Park 15600 W.Morrison Rd. Lakewood, CO 80465
- Registration Opens:July 15, 2021 @ 9 am MST
- Registration Closes:September 28, 2021 @ 12 pm MST
- Financial Assistance: Learn More
The Beti Bike Bash Weekend camp is an all-girls camp coinciding with Colorado's all-female mountain bike race, the Beti Bike Bash. Located at Bear Creek Lake Park in Lakewood, CO, the camp is open to girls of all abilities and is a great opportunity for girls looking to try out mountain biking and for those who are ready for the next level of challenge. We focus on fun, both on and off the bike, and use a variety of games, trail rides, and adventures to help improve riding skills and overall confidence. Each camp day will be unique, focusing on different skills and activities.
The camp will also incorporate interaction with the pros racing at the event through a meet and greet/Q & A sessions. Girls will have a chance to ask pro women racers their burning questions about riding, racing, or favorite recording artist! It's always fun and entertaining. Any participation in the camp will lend itself to amazing skill learning and signing up for two days merely enhances the learning (and fun!) with a more in-depth skills progression.
Financial assistance is available if needed and we also have equipment available through our Gear Up program! Please communicate any of these needs when filling out the registration form for the program.
*On Saturday, VIDA holds a women's clinic at the same venue as our Little Bellas camp. We have coordinated with VIDA to have the start and end times run the same as our camp. So, if you are a Mom looking to get your feet wet in mountain biking or a seasoned rider, the clinic and camp will run at the same time to help these moms have their fun too! You can click here to read more about these amazing clinics.*
Beti Bike Bash Program Lead
Kristal grew up in Washington state until about 20 years ago, a powerful force pulled her from this amazing state. The force? Colorado sunshine. Once there, she quickly took advantage of everything outdoorsy. She enjoys skiing, camping with her family, traveling, and cycling. Especially cycling and all things related to cycling, specifically on dirt! So much dirt, so little time! Kristal's going to try her best to get out on as much dirt as she can and help others get out on it as well! She coaches junior cycling teams and being the Little Bellas program Lead in Boulder has made her the coolest Mom ever in the eyes of her daughter! Kristal truly appreciates the connection and impact cycling has allowed her to make with both adults and kids.
What's Included:• Meeting pros
• Louis Garneau full zip bike jersey
• Goodie bag
What to Bring:
• Bike Helmet
• Mountain Bike- In good working order
• Water carrying device- Either a bottle to fit in a cage on the bike or a hydration pack.
• Closed-toed shoes
• Rain gear or extra layers if necessary
Schedule:• 9:00-9:15 Drop Off Time at Little Bellas Tent
• 9:15 Introduction Games- Waa and Name Game
• 9:30 Safety Bike Check
• 9:30 Talk about racing the Beti Bike Bash.
• 9:45 Pre-ride Beti Bike Bash course
• 10:45 Snack
• 11:15 Mountain Bike Game: Shifter Knockout and Dab
• 12:00 Lunch
• 12:45 Afternoon Ride- Shifting and anticipating terrain
• 2:00 Bike Limbo
• 2:30 Bike Cleaning
• 2:45-3:00 Pick up at Little Bellas Tent
(Sample Schedule- Subject to change to include more fun)