Beti Bike Bash Camp
- Registration Status:Open
- Program Type:Event Camp
- Day(s) of the Week: Sat | Sun
- Ages:8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
- Dates:Tentative Dates: Sat 9/19 | Sun 9/20
- Fees:$110 | $175 (Early Bird ONE DAY $95 TWO DAYS $160 until 3/15)
- Time:9:00 am - 3:00 pm
- Location:Bear Creek Lake State Park 15600 W.Morrison Rd. Lakewood, CO 80465
- Registration Opens:February 1, 2020 @ 9 am MST
- Registration Closes:May 22, 2020 @ 12 pm MST
This program was originally scheduled for an earlier start date. Due to recent circumstances, we are currently evaluating the possibility of running a fall camp. Due to various scheduling factors, we are unable to finalize a camp at this point in time.
Will there be snow in the mountains or will there not be? This is always the question for Beti Bike Bash! And after a long season of skiing, what better way to mix it up for the kids and bust out the bikes than for the Little Bellas Beti Bike Bash Camp.
The Beti Bike Bash Weekend camp is an all-girls camp coinciding with Colorado's all-female mountain bike race, the Beti Bike Bash. Located at Bear Creek Lake Park in Lakewood, CO, the camp is open to girls of all abilities and is a great opportunity for girls looking to try out mountain biking and for those who are ready for the next level of challenge. We focus on fun, both on and off the bike, and use a variety of games, trail rides, and adventures to help improve riding skills and overall confidence. Each camp day will be unique, focusing on different skills and activities.
The camp will also incorporate interaction with the pros racing at the event through a meet and greet/Q & A sessions. Girls will have a chance to ask pro women racers their burning questions about riding, racing, or favorite recording artist! It's always fun and entertaining. Any participation in the camp will lend itself to amazing skill learning and signing up for two days merely enhances the learning (and fun!) with a more in-depth skills progression.
Financial assistance is available if needed and we also have equipment available through our Gear Up program! Please communicate any of these needs when filling out the registration form for the program.
*On Saturday, May 30th, VIDA holds a women's clinic at the same venue as our Little Bellas camp. We have coordinated with VIDA to have the start and end times run the same as our camp. So, if you are a Mom looking to get your feet wet in mountain biking or a seasoned rider, the clinic and camp will run at the same time to help these moms have their fun too! You can click here to read more about these amazing clinics.*
What's Included:• Meeting pros
• Louis Garneau full zip bike jersey
• Goodie bag
What to Bring:
• Bike Helmet
• Mountain Bike- In good working order
• Water carrying device- Either a bottle to fit in a cage on the bike or a hydration pack.
• Closed-toed shoes
• Rain gear or extra layers if necessary
Schedule:• 9:00-9:15 Drop Off Time at Little Bellas Tent
• 9:15 Introduction Games- Waa and Name Game
• 9:30 Safety Bike Check
• 9:30 Talk about racing the Beti Bike Bash.
• 9:45 Pre-ride Beti Bike Bash course
• 10:45 Snack
• 11:15 Mountain Bike Game: Shifter Knockout and Dab
• 12:00 Lunch
• 12:45 Afternoon Ride- Shifting and anticipating terrain
• 2:00 Bike Limbo
• 2:30 Bike Cleaning
• 2:45-3:00 Pick up at Little Bellas Tent
(Sample Schedule- Subject to change to include more fun)