Program Lead Contact Information
Bentonville, AR Ride Program
- Registration Status:Closed
- Program Type:Ride
- Day(s) of the Week: Mon
- Ages:12, 13, 14, 15
- Dates:6/7 | 6/14 | 6/21 | 6/28 | 7/5 | 7/12 | 7/19 | 7/26
- Time:6:00 - 7:30 pm
- Location:Various Benton County Trail Networks
- Registration Opens:March 15, 2021 @ 9 am local time
- Registration Closes:June 5, 2021 @ 12 pm local time
- Financial Assistance: Learn More
It's always more fun to ride in a group!!! Getting together with a bunch of like-minded people who share the love for being outside and riding trails as you do. Many times it's hard to find a group of people who have the same schedule and can ride at the same times. We have the solution! The Little Bellas Ride Program!
The Benton County, AR Ride Program meets Mondays throughout various trails in the area. This is the next level of the Little Bellas. Open to girls of all abilities, the Ride offers the girls a unique opportunity to learn how to ride mountain bikes from our most experienced mentors. Still based around having fun, the rides take them on trails they may know, trails they may not know, and really gives the girls a chance to try, learn, or hone their skills.
We want to make this program open and affordable to all, so it's now a donation based program. We are excited to offer this free program. Donations are vital to covering the cost of programs such as these. We would appreciate your help in the ongoing success of this program.
Bentonville, AR Program Lead
Kelsey "discovered" mountain biking accidentally in the 7th grade with a friend when a detour on a ride took them on a newly made trail. She never looked back. Kelsey works to get people on bikes and to make Northwest Arkansas as bike friendly as possible. Road, mountain, or cross, if you pedal it and it has two wheels, Kelsey wants in. Her amazing dedication to cycling and a general joy for life always shows through whether she's making up TV shows for Little Bellas campers to "watch", hanging out with her dog, Nancy Drew, jumping in a mountain bike race, or quoting Meryl Streep movies.
What to Bring:
• Mountain Bike- In good working order
• Water carrying device- Either a bottle to fit in a cage on the bike or a hydration pack.
• Closed-toed shoes
• Windbreaker (any jacket that cuts the wind and ideally wicks away minor precipitation)
• Jacket or vest (ideally warm and breathable)
• Long-sleeve shirt (ideally warm and breathable and not cotton)
• Long tights or athletic pants (ideally layer with a padded brief or bike short underneath)
• Warm socks (wool recommended)
• Gloves (ideally wind resistant or windproof)
• Headband or bat (to wear under your helmet)
• Glasses or other eye protection (to reduce eye watering in cold weather)
Bring plenty of layers! Layering is key to keeping warm!