Benton County, AR Sunday Ride Program (Winter 2020)
- Ages:Ages 12-15
- Dates:Sundays - 1/12 | 1/19 | 1/26 | 2/2 | 2/9 | 2/16 | 2/23 | 3/1
- Time:2:00 - 3:30 pm
- Location:Various Benton County Trail Networks
- What to Bring:• Bike Specific Helmet
• Mountain Bike- In good working order
• Water carrying device- Either a bottle to fit in a cage on the bike or a hydration pack.
• Closed-toed shoes
• Windbreaker (any jacket that cuts the wind and ideally wicks away minor precipitation)
• Jacket or vest (ideally warm and breathable)
• Long-sleeve shirt (ideally warm and breathable and not cotton)
• Long tights or athletic pants (ideally layer with a padded brief or bike short underneath)
• Warm socks (wool recommended)
• Gloves (ideally wind resistant or windproof)
• Headband or bat (to wear under your helmet)
• Glasses or other eye protection (to reduce eye watering in cold weather)
Bring plenty of layers! Layering is key to keeping warm!
- Schedule:This program will about riding, skill development, and exploring trails networks throughout the region. The schedule will not include games and curriculum elements similar to the weekly program.
Program Lead Contact Information
- Name:Kelsey Miller
- Phone Number:479-685-8084
- Email Address:
Kelsey "discovered" mountain biking accidentally in the 7th grade with a friend when a detour on a ride took them on a newly made trail. She never looked back. Working at BikeNWA, she helps to get more people on bikes and to make Northwest Arkansas as bike friendly as possible. Road, mountain, or cross, if you pedal it and it has two wheels, Kelsey wants in. Her amazing dedication to cycling and a general joy for life always shows through whether she's making up TV shows for Little Bellas campers to "watch", hanging out with her dog, Nancy Drew, jumping in a mountain bike race, or quoting Meryl Streep movies.