Program Lead Contact Information
Austin, TX Weekly Program
- Registration Status:Waitlist
- Program Type:Weekly
- Ages:7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13
- Dates:5/6 | 5/13 | 5/20 | 5/27 | 6/3 | Make-up 6/10
- Fees:$185 ($165 Early Bird until 3/22)
- Time:5:30 - 7:50 pm
- Location:Brushy Creek Lake Park
- Registration Opens:March 15, 2021 @ 9 am local time
- Registration Closes:May 4, 2021 @ 12 pm local time
- Financial Assistance: Learn More
What could be more fun than jumping on a bike after school and hitting the trails with the Little Bellas Austin Weekly Program?
The Austin Weekly program meets at Brushy Creek Lake Park and is open to girls of all abilities. Our goal is to create an environment where learning mountain bike skills, building confidence, and growing the camaraderie among young girls is centered around having fun. Whether it's riding the flowing trails or learning and testing new skills on the single track, Brushy Creek offers the perfect mix of fun and challenging for this program.
Girls and Mentors (we don't coach, we mentor) each week, will participate in a variety of activities including games and trail riding. Through the games and different activities, we focus on having fun, while using the different elements of an activity to teach and work on basic to more advanced mountain bike skills. This curriculum is designed to teach the girls skills progressively, and perpetuate the love of mountain biking, all while laughing, giggling, and having a great time! This program is for riding and fun and is not focused on competition.
Financial assistance is available if needed and we also have equipment available through our Gear Up program! Please communicate any of these needs when filling out the registration form for the program.
Austin Program Lead
Leslie is an avid athlete and can pretty much be found doing any activity outdoors. Running, hiking, mtn. biking, adventure racing, and sleeping in ditches, all around the globe! She started her own company, manufacturing reusable shopping bags when she saw a need for them in TX, well before it became mainstream. Along with being an accomplished mtn bike racer and adventure racer, she's also a mother of two and works with and coaches girls of all ages in a variety of sports. Her main priority: making sure the kids have fun as they learn their sport so it is an activity they stay with, year after year.
What's Included:• Louis Garneau full zip bike jersey
• Goodie bag
• Snacks & party
What to Bring:
• Mountain Bike- In good working order
• Water carrying device- Either a bottle to fit in a cage on the bike or a hydration pack.
• Closed-toed shoes
• Rain gear or extra layers if necessary
Schedule:• 40 mins to 1 .5 hrs - Trail ride in small, age/ability appropriate groups
• 15 min- Snack (provided)
• 45min- Games and activities (each day of the program has a different and unique curriculum)