Athens, GA Give It A Whirl Day
- Ages:Ages 7-13
- Dates:Sunday, 9/8
- Fees:Complimentary (Free!) PRIORITY WILL BE GIVEN TO LOCAL PARTICIPANTS
- Time:4:00pm - 6:00pm
- Location:Trail Creek Park - 200 Trail Creek St, Athens, GA 30601
This Give it a Whirl day aims to get girls of all abilities either introduced to the sport or help them develop an already present interest. Based around having fun, we play lots of games (on and off the bike), explore and ride trails, incorporate basic bike skills and then adjust those skills as the girls progress.
We also use the mountain bike experience to help the girls gain confidence, build camaraderie other girls on bikes, seek out new adventures, and get outdoors! These are learning skills your daughter can take with her throughout life!
It is a great opportunity for girls looking to try out mountain biking as well as for those who are ready for the next level of challenge.
Scholarships are available so please communicate any financial help needed by thoroughly answering the questions about her or her equipment needs when registering.
REGISTRATION CLOSES ON 9/5 at 12pm
- What's Included:Includes one afternoon of mountain biking fun for girls ages 7-13 & snack.
- What to Bring:• Bike Helmet
• Mountain Bike- In good working order
• Water carrying device- Either a bottle to fit in a cage on the bike or a hydration pack.
• Closed-toed shoes
• Rain gear or extra layers if necessary
- Schedule:1hr to 40 mins- Trail ride in small, age/ability appropriate groups
15 min- Snack (provided)
45min- Games and activities
Program Lead Contact Information
- Name:Jade Fernandez
- Email Address:
Jade started mountain biking in 2016 after doing an Atlanta earn-a-bike program and gaining inspiration from her boyfriend, an avid rider. And it was all the inspiration she needed! She's now part of an all-women off-road cycling club devoted to getting more women on bikes. She loves to read, has been an 8th grade reading teacher (loves to read, remember?) through Teach for America and a preschool teacher in Atlanta, and, most importantly, has a dog named Mitsi who's half pug, half beagle and 100% needs to be met by me. Oh and Jade's also a professional film and TV actor so if she looks familiar, this might be why. And if this isn't enough, she's part of a group of people in her area that helps promote, and I quote, "spreading stoke and being the bright." Yes Jade, I think you'll fit into Little Bellas quite nicely.